Monday, December 22, 2014

Shortest Day Of The Year

Hello!

Did you know that today has been the shortest day of the year? Yup. That is a fact. The sun only got up for four hours and 45 minutes here in Kuopio, Finland (*yikes!*). 

But you shouldn't look at it as a glass half empty kind of a fact. It is actually a good thing because now the days have to start getting longer. Every day we will get more and more daylight, and that makes me happy. 

It has been a dark and gloomy month. Actually two months, really. All the darkness is ok with all the Christmas decorations but I couldn't survive very long after December without seeing some sun light. I'm so much more summer person than winter one. I do like how the snow looks and all but it is just way too cold. And it's not even that cold in Finland yet. It can get way colder than this. We're at -6C which is 21F, and I'm already complaining. Imagine me at -25C/-13F. 

Anyway, here's couple Christmas pictures from me. I already posted these on Instagram earlier, so you might have seen them. I'll post new pics tomorrow. I have recipes for super yummy Christmas treats and I'll share those with you. So stay tuned!

Downtown Kuopio.

One of the cutest xmas cards I got this year. It just makes you go "awww".

My friend baked me these spoon bites for xmas. I LOVE THEM!! Spoon bites are one of my favorite cookies but nobody ever makes them because they are a lot of work. My friend remembered I like these cookies and made them for me. How awesome is that?!?

Good night! Only two more nights till Christmas Eve...

No comments:

Post a Comment