Hello!
Long time no posts, that's just how life goes sometimes. But today I have such a great recipe to share that I just had to find time to sit down to write this. I have found a five ingredient pie recipe that requires no baking and tastes so yummy. I'm not kidding! This recipe really excists.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 can (*397g / 14 oz*) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup / 2,5 dl whipping cream (*cool whip works too*)
- 1½ cup / 3-4dl lingonberries or cranberries
Ingredients for the crust:
- 0,5 lbs / 250g cookies of your choice (*I used Marie cookies but Digestive would work too, or gingerbread cookies if you want a hint of Christmas flavor*)
- 0,5 lbs / 250g cookies of your choice (*I used Marie cookies but Digestive would work too, or gingerbread cookies if you want a hint of Christmas flavor*)
- 1 stick / 100g of butter
First make the toffee because it takes the longest. I prefer to make it a night before, so it has time to cool over night (*you don't want to burn yourself with hot toffee*). Here's how you do it; bring a large pot of water to a boil and place the whole condensed milk can in the water on its side (*unopened, label removed*). Let it boil for 2 hours on low heat. Make sure to add water as it starts to evaporate. The can needs to be covered with water at all times. Here's a link to a video that shows how to make the toffee but I don't think you'll need it because it is so easy.
Next crush up cookies into a fine crumble. Add melted butter and mix until creamy. Pat the crust on to a 9 inch/24cm spring pan. Place the crust in a fridge for a while to cool off.
Whip cream to fairly hard consistency.
Lastly spread toffee on the crust. I did both the bottom and the sides. Sprinkle berries onto the toffee and then add whipped cream. Finish with plenty of berries on top. Refrigerate before serving.
Be prepared to "oohs and aahs" as well as happy smiles as you serve this to your loved ones. Yum!!
Anyway, I just want to share one more picture. This is why I love Finland. Earlier today I just walked to the woods near by and picked all these precious blueberries and lingonberries. I can't believe how lucky we are to live in a place where you can have free superfood right next to your home and it's there just waiting to be picked.
Happy fall everyone!!


No comments:
Post a Comment