Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Stanley Cup Kuopio Kimmo Timonen Awesome

Yey!

Last night was so awesome! We got to see the Stanley Cup trophy with famous Finnish hockey player Kimmo Timonen at the Kuopio market place. It was so much fun to have hockey related event middle of the summer. Plus the weather was warm and sunny.

Thousands of people were gathered to see a glimpse of their favorite hockey player who is from Kuopio. Kimmo is also retiring from hockey after this, so it was a fair well to his awesome career as well. Since Kuopio hasn't had a Stanley Cup champion before the crowd was super excited! 

I tried to take lots of pictures like everyone else as but it was almost impossible because of the crowd of course. But I hope you get an idea of the great feeling we all had last night.

So many people everywhere!

Our friends from Helsinki came to hang out with us and to see the Cup.

Before Kimmo and the Cup we got to see couple bands like Teflon Brothers.

These guys had their own trophy. So funny!

Junior KalPa hockey players welcomed Kimmo to the stage.

Woop Woop! Other Blackhawks players and recent Stanley Cup winners Teuvo Teräväinen and Antti Raanta were there too.

Go BlackHawks! Go Kimmo!

The night was topped of with fireworks.

I felt sorry for my friends who are shorter than me because you couldn't really see much through the crowd. Just cell phones and the fireworks. 

The trophy weights 16kg/35lbs, so it's not the lightest thing to be lifting up in the air all night long (*giggle*).

Thank you Kime!!

After market place Kimmo and the Cup headed to the local bars. I have never seen so many people out and about on a week night.

Since I have to work today I couldn't party last night with all the people (*bummer*) but at least I got to see the Cup. I'm afraid we won't have an opportunity for an event like this in the near future.

Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment