Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Wild Weekend Trip To Joensuu With Some Blueberries

Hello!

And happy Tuesday to everyone. Not much new in Kuopio, just trying to enjoy summer as much as we can. Too bad the weather hasn't been co-operating. We only get glimpses of sunshine every now and then. I have actually worn a hat and gloves in the mornings when biking to work. That is nuts!

Last weekend we went to see our friends in Joensuu, so I have some pictures from there. There would have been a music festival Ilosaari rock going on in Joensuu but we opted to go see other sights like a church and a crafts stores. How wild of us (*hahaha*).

Roadtrip to Joensuu. Dark clouds ready to dump some water on us.

Gorgeous church in Joensuu.

Huge pipe organ.

Pretty ceiling paintings dating back to 1903.

Chandelier.

Such a pretty church!


Church bell.

Really cool gravestone. This grave is so old! You can barely read the text.

Tiny flowers.

My very pregnant friend and I by the Joensuu river walk.

Joensuu has a whole block full of arts and crafts stores. Here's some of them. 

I don't have any pics from inside but believe me, they have some seriously cute stuff! I bought a handmade soap dish and salt soap bar.

Mr. Wolf and I.

Heading to the market place.

I may have visited a candy store as well (*giggle*). But at least my car ride back wasn't boring.

After our trip to Joensuu I went to pick blueberries from the nearby forest. This cute squirrel got scared of Jinx and I.

Jinx likes to sit and watch me pick berries.

Yummy superfood! I just love it that in Finland you can pick berries straight from the woods.

These sweet little snacks are so easy to make. Just put few blueberries on a toothpick and dip it in melted white chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles and then refrigerate for couple hours.


That's my weekend. What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment