Hello!
And greetings from Peurunka Spa Hotel where I'm being pampered for a week full of sports, good food and other fun activities. My friend and I got this vacation sponsored by our employer. Pretty wicked if I may say so. Who wouldn't like to have a week off in the middle of dark November in Finland.
We arrived here last night and we were presented a week long schedule of physical tests, exercise, wellness lectures as well as enough free time to relax. We also have three meals per day. I think we are eating more than we should and by end of this week I might not fit into my yoga pants (*giggle*).
Anyway, here's some pictures from our stay so far.
Our Suite at the main building is cozy and roomy enough to store our sports stuff.
My friend Katri settling into our "home" for the week.
Our schedule.
I love it! The whole hotel is decorated for Christmas already.
There are many xmas trees around the building.
Last night's dinner was delish! Beef was so tender and potatoes really creamy.
This morning was fairly gloomy and grey but that didn't bother us because our schedule kept us mainly indoors.
We started our morning with bicycle ergo meter test. It didn't feel too bad but I don't know the results yet. We won't get them till Friday.
Urho Kekkonen (*ex president in Finland*) used to do lot of sports too. Of course we wanted a picture with him!
I think the hardest part is to wait for the results...
Breakfast time!!
As I said earlier we have plenty of free time to goof off too!
We did a gym session today too. I loved these old fashioned barbells.
Lunch time!! I told you that we eat a lot. You should see all the desserts too...
Evening walk around the hotel. It was dark and misty but fresh air did us good.
On top of all of that we also went swimming for two hours (*plus infrared sauna*) as well stretched to make sure we won't be too sore tomorrow. That being said I'm pretty tired right now and ready to go to bed. Good night!!















No comments:
Post a Comment