Friday, March 30, 2012

MovieMadness / Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil


Big thumbs up!! Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is hilarious!

This movie actually came out in the theaters back in 2010 and it was out on DVD/BluRay in 2011. I have just been very lazy and I haven't gotten around getting my copy until recently. I ordered it on BluRay from Play.com. Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is a great mix of horror and comedy.

It tells about two redneck guys who have just bought summer cabin out in the mountains. When they go to their cabin for the first time, they run into some college kids who are camping out in the woods nearby the cabin. Tucker and Dale are trying to be nice to the college kids and help them out in the woods, but the college kids think that Tucker and Dale are out to kill them. I don't want to give away too much about the plot, so I'll just say that it doesn't sound that exciting but when you'll see it, you will think that it was actually a really funny movie.

The cast has many not so famous actors but they do a great job! Tucker is played by Alan Tudyk who has been in movies like I, Robot and Knight's Tale. In the role of Dale is an actor who has been in many tv roles but not in that many movies. His name is Tyler Labine and his other movie roles include Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes and Zack And Miri Make A Porno. These two guys are so hilarious together. I loved their countryside dialect. It made me giggle!

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is rated R (K-18) because of bloody horror violence, language and brief nudity. That's why it is not a suitable movie for kids but it is a perfect movie for a Friday night with friends. You don't have think too much, you can just sit back, relax and have a laugh. So, my only question is; who's bringing the popcorn?

No comments:

Post a Comment